Tuesday 27 September 2016

Yarr! declares on Absa after Biff siege break


In a surprising move, Yarr! has declared on Absa. This happened due to Absa member ‘Latvalaishappy’ breaking the siege on a town owned by ‘Biff’. An alliance less player who has shown no activity in a month, he is well known for stating inappropriate things to ‘Willd’.

When asked about the siege break Latvalaishappy stated the following:

[20:01]<Latvalaishappy> Mainly for 2 reasons.Firstly, because as an ex-Absa player, we feel Biff's towns as our claim, since we were the ones that helped built them up

[20:02]<Latvalaishappy> Biff's towns are to be given to Absa members, but even outsiders could have claimed upon an agreement

When it was pointed out that as an alliance less player, the alliance claim isn’t accepted as valid by a large population of the server, he stated the following:

“[20:16]<Latvalaishappy> Let me put it simply, mademoiselle Dakota.I am not protecting Biff, nor his ill behaviour -let alone the fact that i did not learn of what happened until today, due to my large period of inactivity-, but, as one of the persons that actively spent effort and time to build these cities, I claim the cities”

Another absaroke member did chime in on the siege break matter:

“[19:53]<GregoRokin> it was bit hasty reaction by one of our members

[19:54]<GregoRokin> stiull, it was only few engines lost and one unit

[19:54]<GregoRokin> and we broke the siege on one of our strategic cities

[19:54]<GregoRokin> everyone would act the same

Solanar stated the following in a mail:

“As many people are already aware, Biff made personally vulgar remarks towards Willd in GC. He further insisted she liked it, refused to apologize, and in a remarkable turnaround, demanded she apologize to him (for what is unclear - perhaps for being offended by his remarks?)

In response to these events, the GMs in their wisdom muted Biff for an unknown amount of time. Feeling that the muting was insufficient punishment, I contacted Qaal, as head of Absa. I informed him of what Biff had said, and stated that I was sure that if Absa leadership had been aware, they would have already kicked him, rather than being tarnished by his presense. Qaal did not reply to me, but the next time I logged on, he had read the mail and Biff was no longer in Absa - it is my conceit that he agreed and kicked Biff, though without he or Biff making comment I cannot know for sure.

We launched several attacks on Biff in an effort to soften him up, both troops and diplos. We had tens of thousands of troops in movement when the tourney started - and Biff appeared to go inactive on about 09/02, at least, he stopped dodging our attacks against him. With the popular focus shifting towards the tourney, and Biff no longer responding, I sent a series of undefended sieges against him - if he broke the sieges, we would plan more serious ops afterwards. If he did not, well, I certainly was not going to use catapults in the tourney.

Each siege had 30 or less cats. Only a single siege on each town. But the closest 4 towns were already to 0 population and messengers launched to recall them before the first contact from Absa. I replied in just under 2 hours. I mention this to give an idea of the time dilation, that there was no immediate contact, no real notice given that anyone Absa felt they had any claim to the cities, prior to them attacking me directly.

Then my siege was broken, before the messengers arrived - in spite of the town already having been at 0 pop for nearly a full day. I replied in the same way I intended to if Biff had remained in Absa, or had been defended by them while he was still active. Given the attacker is one of those holding the 2nd highest rank in Absa, I assumed that their actions were indicative of official Absa policy. They were, in fact, the aggressors - I just made it official by declaring war. The person who attacked my army did not even contact me until well after the war dec.

I have no intention of ceasing attacks on Biff until his account is destroyed. If Absa wants the cities, they are welcome to them, but they need to move fast. Continuing to defend his cities will mean not only the loss of whatever value they hold, but active members losing valuable cities as well. This is nothing less than justice.”

The bounty on Biff's towns in the telegraph is decently known, The entire sum of the bounty (54 million) has been sent to Yarr! to aid with them sieging Biff and any consequences that may come from sieging Biff.

Author: Dakota

No comments:

Post a Comment